Friday, April 3, 2009

All loaded up.

Greetings from the Country Estate,

Its been a busy week here, with most of the snow melting, lots of mud, and work, work, work on this and that. I'm trying to figure out how and where to do a garden, knowing that it probably won't yield very much this year. We'll see what happens. Knowledge of how to grow your own food is essential country dweller knowledge, so I better get started.

In other news, I feel great knowing that my ownership of GM vehicle is backed by the most powerful government on the planet. Now I know who to call when it breaks down.

We've made a half-hearted attempt at boiling our own maple syrup this year. Like the gardening, I think next year will be better....

I've been busy trying to get my own economic stimulus package going. Lately, an opportunity to work in a furniture/cabinet shop has opened up, so I've been sanding stool seats and legs a bit this week ( see the stools here or below). Coming up I'll be lending a hand to our glass-blowing friends over at Tandem Studio and Gallery who are in the middle of a gallery remodel at their studio in Dresden, ME. If you're in the market for hand-made glass anything, give them a holler!


Hand-blown tumblers.


These hand-made stools are available directly from craftsman Paul Baines at his website.


The truck all loaded up with brace stock.

Its not that often that I have a good reason to stand on top of the truck, so I take all the chances I can get.


All loaded up.

Three week old chickens, examining the wider world of the laundry room. Occasionally one gets pushed out and lands on the floor looking incredibly bewildered.



More chickens exploring the chicken condo.


I've added a roosting board in the middle since many of them are beginning to roost on various things in the condo. They still all sleep in a pile near the heat lamp though.


That's the news from the Country Estate. Until next time, like Garrison Keillor says, Be well, Do good work, and Keep in touch.

----w----

No comments: