Sunday, July 3, 2011

I have such an awful drive to work these days.


View on Western Ridge Road, Palermo, ME

Getting the Corinthian ready to roll.

One of this trailer's tires was so flat that the tire bead came off the rim, so it wouldn't take any air. I learned a useful trick to fix this in the field. I drove the functioning tire and wheel up on a little ramp so I could wrap a ratchet strap all the way around the tire. Then I cranked it down, forcing the bead against the rim. With a little help my from Black and Decker Electromate power station I was able to fill the tire up and pop the ratchet strap off. This was the biggest tire on which I've ever tried this trick. I hope it will work on a full size car tire some day.


I have a boat for sale or trade:


Off to the family barbecue in Mass.

No comments: