Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dad

Well, Dad Wagner finally made it out to Maine to see what kind of shack we live in and was politely surprised to find out that we live the good life (with 9'6" ceilings).

We ate and drank, talked, played cribbage, went for drives, looked at land, went to church, read books and what not. I think he had a nice time.

For me, it was probably the best time I've ever spent with my dad. Honest.

I think a special thing happens if and when you can finally see your father as a regular person just trying to play the hand that life has dealt him (same as all of us). Another special thing happens when your father looks at the life you've built and says he's proud of you.

Thanks Dad.

In other news, the aforementioned Dad put in an offer on 27 acres of nicely wooded land here in Alna. He may be visiting more often!

No comments: