Friday, August 21, 2009

Heartland

Greetings,

I find myself in the land of corn and beans and big trucks and flat land. I'm in the Land of Lincoln with my kin, some of them anyway. Seeing pictures I haven't seen or have forgotten, hearing old stories for the first time. Its good to be here.

A long day of travel brought me hence. Despite my continuing grudge against flying ( mostly due to the ridiculousness of the security measures and the ever present TSA (Thousands Standing Around)), my last two jaunts out to Milwaukee have been nothing but pleasant. Part of it is due to my willingness to splurge on creature comforts like the New York Times, hot coffee, hot breakfast, and a shoe-shine I think, but in both cases the flights have been genuinely pleasant and easy experiences. I still prefer to drive out in the Mercedes if I have the time, but who has the time? I've been crazy busy with work for the last six weeks or so! What recession?

Also, the feeling of still being on the boat is gone.

w

1 comment:

Nick said...

Lemme know if you have time in Milwaukee! Chris and I leave for San Diego to see Joe's graduation on Thursday.